Dear, Princess Dear, Princess

This truly is a though one. Bad things first so: After having thought about how much it is valid to like/dislike believe related content I have come to the conclusion that it can be handeled the same way as music related content since both is based on personal preferences. In this case this means that I personally dislike the meaning and therefore the content of this flash as I am an atheist. How others already said: The voice acting is.... suboptimal. Why not add a call for a voice actor to the description and put one up in your user page? Now for the positive things: The animation and art were quite good. Not the best I have ever seen but still good. For the storyline: That was a truely fine example of metaphoring like a boss! I would have not understood it without the explanaition you gave but looking back at the animation there is in fact no better way to understand what actually went on. You packaged your message quite nicely (no matter if I agree or not) and... I am not quite capable of explaining how exactly that was awesome but you managed to tell about your cause in an entertaining way still delivering quite some information. So although i am not quite sure about this one 3/5 seems valid. (sorry for my bad english I´m german) btw. I am not that much of a voice actor but if you want i could see if i could help you with your next flash.

exninja123 responds:

oh cool, thanks! :)

GOLEM GOLEM

woh...

This animation gave me goosebumps! The Athmosphere was great and I really love your art style

SS - Thoughts SS - Thoughts

Another one

Yet Another one who have realised that humanity play this "blame game" there is always a blame to give, in Japan those and those were to blame because they didnt have the security levels high enough, when a paper hits you face it´s the fault of someone just letting lay their paper around. Sometimes people have to accept the fault is on thier side, and I try to as much as I can or that in some situations there IS NOONE TO BLAME.

Fear Less! Fear Less!

It took me eleven deaths and a record of 1693 metres until I made it... I actually screamed out loud.
But onwards to the actual review. I was positivly surprised how long it was possible to survive with minimum upgrades. Many other games of this kind ramp up the diffilcutly so quickly that it takes several minutes of grinding to actually make a distance, whereas here it was mostly dependant on your skill.
On the first hundred metres or so.
After that there were obstachles that could not in any way be beaten if you did not have the sufficient jump ugrade, and I personally think that it should at least be theoretically possible to... well in this case not BEAT the game on the first try, but at least go as far as your skill lets you.
The way the enemies had to be beaten was something I don´t believe to have seen in a game like this before and was at some points pretty challenging. I had a bit of a problem with the way obstacles worked. For once with the triple jump, it could happen that there was no sensible place to land once you made your first jump but maybe that´s just bad timing from me. Another point is that whilst getting hit will make you lose control for a second and make you go flashy, it doesn´t actually give you a moment of invincibility. Very often I found myself hitting an obstacle and then immideatly hitting the one after it as well, since I couldn´t dodge after being hit.
The grande point here is of course the ending, I presume that nobody who has not either finished the game, or is the author will read my comment to this point so I´ll allow myself to talk about it:
Everything the game gives to you, from skills, over information up to compliments, prefferably in the form being told to have defeated something powerful, having saved something important ect. Is important to the player because he earned it.
If I am trying very hard towards getting a specific reward, in this case the ending scene then I want the reward to be a direct consequence of my skills.
Winning by dying on purpose is just about the opposite of that.

innomin responds:

Thanks for the in-depth review! The Fighting Back medal was the major reason we couldn't let you play the whole game without upgrading - I often get over 150m on my first play, and you need double that to unlock the medal. The game should generate 'fair' levels almost always, particularly when fully upgraded with triple jump. And yes, short invulnerability has been requested, but the distance highscores over 9000 make me think that hp recovery overcompensates for the multi trip-ups that can happen at higher distances.

The ending is a little strange, I know, but you did mention that you screamed out loud. And that is exactly the point! You have to master all of your abilities and defeat every medal challenge to win, but more importantly, you have to 'fear less'. When Death becomes a less of a fear and more of a frustrating nuisance, the recurring nightmares end and the girl can sleep. And from a more practical 'game' perspective, it also allows highscores to reach infinite distance and flawless time. =)

...WHAT, 9000!? (sorry, I had to do it...)

Vast Vast

I am honestly a bit unsure how to judge this. As a project you did it is great. You put effort in it. made everything work smoothly, apparently created a nice soundtrack by yourself. Nice animations, eccelent rewarding sounds, comparable to proffesional video games. Now here is my problem: What is this? No question it demonstrates your skill in making... something quite nicely but neither as a game, nor as art does this show any value. The "Game" part of this was only basic interaction, there was no challenge and no way to change the outcome. Now for an art game this is usually acceptable to do, when all you want to achieve is to draw more attention to the storyline, immersing the player. However the content of this game is the basic running around, delivering people stuff. Now I get that your message is, that you should help people with their problems, but since these ones are obviously just sitting around, waiting for someone to do the basic chore they won´t the storyline itself is the same as in games that are based on agility or intelligence, using the storyline only as an excuse to let the player have fun. So the Gameplay is "designed" to support the storyline and the storyline is "designed" to support the gamplay.
As much as a conclusion like this hurts to make but: you did good, what you wanted to do but completly failed to set your goal correctly.

RUNNERIST RUNNERIST

I will give it to you straight: The two stars are for : "it's note a joke but a seriously meant game" and "you have created a working game in a very limited timespan"
Other than that every aspect of this game frustrates me: The uniform jumping height and weidth is making precise navigation near impossible. Combined with a bad response a cruel hitframe and obstacles that approach quickly and give very limited information on the ideal jumppath the difficulty is beyond of what I could imagine anyone could enjoy. Timing the obstacles is impossible unless you recognize them by the first few centimetres that pop on your screen i.e. how far you go is only by a too small part determined by your reflexes and instead by grinding repitition and learning the patterns. Flipping the screen upside down after a handful of obstacles completly disturbs the recognition you have gained for the form of the obstacles meaning that after you have finally learned the patterns enough to survive about thirty seconds you will immideatly have to learn the same amount of patterns to survive the 30 seconds after combined with the additional confusion of having the jump direction inverted making the timespan required to survive significantly longer than you spend with being annoyed about your death improfitable. I conclude
- "Lazy" controls
- Unresponsiveness
- Insane difficulty
- Pattern grinding instead of skill building
- Unforgiving learning curve
--> 2/5

KRAFTBOSS KRAFTBOSS

göttlich

einfach n hammer beat!

wandschrank responds:

Dankeschön! :D

what life is (ambiental metal) what life is (ambiental metal)

yeah

listening to this song makes me feel comfi, oh and thanks for the thanks although you spelled skullls wrongXD

The-Chosen1 responds:

*grinn* Thanks a lot :P
So...Your name is correct now, too :D

Ambiental #1 (relaxion Music) Ambiental #1 (relaxion Music)

well done

good job very well and relaxing reminds me a little of a mixing of a pool and the lords of the rings soundtrack. You shouldn´t have made the strings that loud though

Uberrashung! Uberrashung!

Badass

Making the gang look like the real deal nice job on that one!
And I think you meant überraschung or uberraschung to keep the pun
(hold the grammar nazi joke)

Nerdy Girl Nerdy Girl

Classic Gamble

Looking at Your pictures is alwasy a gamble.
As the picture loads you always think: Is the next part of the body intact? god I hope so. Good you didn´t let me down on this one.
Got a nice ownage to Vinnie :)

Adele Adele

for not making a bloody mess out of this girl^^